Friday, July 07, 2006

蜘蛛[クモ]です。



The subject of my picture today might sound weird to you.

I believe this is the spider season in Japan. We are still during tsuyu time (rainy season). Everyday I bike to school, like many other Japanese students. As the university is on top of a hill, I take a shortcut and park my bike in the base of the hill and walk up the path to school. Should I say that I climb that hill? It's bloody hard, with the 300% humidity, persistent rain, and sweltering temperature. Sometimes my respiratory system has problems dealing with that humidity... It really looks like an outdoors sauna sometimes! Is it because I'm not used to it? Should I have gotten used to it? This is my second summer in Japan...

Well, back to the picture’s subject. When I park my bike at the bike's parking area, there are at least 4 black and bright yellow pretty scary spiders that I observe in a state of a mix of distress and awe. When I leave school at night, I have to pick up my bike from the same place... At night time, the yellowish colour of the spider bright like the highway signal at night when the cars illuminate them with their lights.

I took this picture on late May at around 10.30pm. This spider was by the railway. It took me 5 tries with no flash until I got this shot. By the way, I accidentally shot the flash, and after I took this picture, the spider disappeared in the middle of the darkness. That sudden reaction of the arachnid scared the daylights out of me! My reflex reaction was to jump backwards to the middle of the railway. haha.

After that series of try; I've been more than tempted to try to take a better snap of the unfriendly dwellers, but no, no. I'm afraid of going too close with my camera to get a good picture, so up to now; I've only gotten blurred new trials...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ceci!
Eu imaginei voce andando no meu das aranhas e besouros. :-)
A foto ficou barbara!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home